Physiologic Baby Care has to do with healing the core belief system that "experts" know better about the health and wellness of our babies then we do, and about returning to our innate design and ancestral knowing, of how to best raise the next generation in excellent health.
By the end of this Training, you will:
- Have an integrated understanding of the physiologic design of human babies
- Know how to align with this design not just in theory - but in practice
- Feel confident and grounded in your innate knowing of how to support babies to THRIVE
- Bring healing to your inner child - to bring healing to the children in your life
- Orient yourself to healthy hierarchy as an adult
This course IS for you if:
- You know that Mother is baby's first environment - and want to support this dyad design
- You intuitively know that babies' health is contingent upon Parents' health
- You know that babies' are inherently wise and want to better understand their wisdom
- You believe in the importance of inside-out work
- You know that thriving health is humanity's birthright
This course is NOT for you if:
- You believe babies are unintelligent and unconscious
- You think "experts" know better about babies then Mothers/Fathers know about their own babies
- You think there is no connection between babies' health and adults' health
- You are not interested in taking responsibility for your own healing
- You are not interested in cultivating global community
“If the adult is centered and relaxed in connection with the baby, in rhythm with the baby—diaper changing, feeding—that baby will be in the conversation, in the act of doing it together rather than somebody doing it to them.”
- Raymond Castellino
The 5 Classes of Physiologic Baby Care Weekly Breakdown:
Week 1: The Forming of Our Children
Exogestation and the Mother-Baby dyad
A Quantum understanding of babies' development
The Autonomic Nervous System
What we really need to know about "Attachment"
Week 2: Family Culture as Foundation
A baby is born, a new family constellation is born
Creating Family Culture
Boundaries & limits
Healing familial and ancestral trauma
Week 3: Why Babies Cry
Needs Crying vs. Release Crying
Laying a foundation for health & resiliency in our children
Inside / Out Parenting
Healing your inner child
Week 4: Humanity's First Food - Breastmilk
What Nature's design defines as our 'schedule'
The -relationship- of breastfeeding
Mother’s nutrition & breastfeeding
The nutrition of breastfeeding
Week 4: The Medicine of SLEEP
They cycle of babies' sleep
Week 5: Elimination Communication & Babywearing
Demystifying and mystifying elimination communication (EC)
The basics of EC
The cross-cultural practice of babywearing
The physiology of babywearing
Week 6: Closing Circle
Physiologic Baby Care centers the Mother-baby dyad relationship, for thriving family health. When families are thriving, they can contribute to the creation of thriving communities. When communities are thriving, a world flourishing in love, truth and justice, will be manifested.
We meet each Monday for 6-weeks, through a LIVE, ONLINE classroom. All classes will be recorded for those who can not make the class live, and stored in our online classroom.
Classes are approximately 1.5 hours long
Time is allotted during each class for discussion
Class meets at 12noon MST on the following Mondays:
Your Teacher: Rachelle Garcia Seliga
Rachelle Garcia Seliga is the creator and director of INNATE Postpartum Care - a postpartum wellness training for birth and healthcare professionals, which has trained hundreds of practitioners and supports thousands of Mothers and families worldwide.
Rachelle has spent the past 18 years working with women and families, in service to woman-centered/ family-centered birth, health and Life.
Rachelle embraces the original meaning of the word ‘midwife,’ which is caretaker of the people's health from ‘womb to tomb.' And it is this traditional model of Midwifery, interwoven with Pre and Perinatal Psychology and Neuroscience that informs Rachelle’s work with babies, Mothers and families.
All of Rachelle’s work is dedicated to midwifing a cultural shift – honoring our innate wisdom, personal authority, and the sanctity of Life.